- Start: April 28, 2022 7:30 am
- End: April 28, 2022 5:00 pm
Fourth Annual Regional Summit:
Charlotte, DeSoto, Manatee and Sarasota Counties Save the Date!
Thursday, April 28, 2022
7:30 am - 5:00 pm
The Carlisle Inn and Conference Center
3727 Bahia Vista St, Sarasota, FL 34232
Room reservations: 844.369.2275
Need: The events of COVID-19 and an increase in substance use disorder and mental health issues have defined the need for this conference which will help the participants better understand the intersection of behavior health, substance use disorder, COVID-19, domestic violence and health equity.
Who should attend? Mental health facilities, community health centers, behavior health centers, care coordinators, social workers, mental health workers, MAT clinic employees and others engaged in COVID-19, domestic violence and behavior health work.
Mission: Engage behavior health and domestic violence agencies, Healthy Start Coalitions and Substance Abuse Drug Free Prevention Coalitions to address the impact of COVID-19 and substance abuse disorder on the pregnant patient and her newborn.
Objectives: At the end of this Summit, the participants will be able to:
- Define health equity and understand its role in caring for the patient with substance use disorder and/or COVID-19.
- Understand behavior health issues encountered by the pregnant and substance abusing patient.
- Understand impact of COVID-19 on the healthcare provider as well as the importance of the history of trauma in patients with a substance use disorder.
- Common Behavioral Health Issues and the Pregnant Patient — Dr. Washington Hill
- Substance Use Disorders, COVID-19 Disease and Mental Health Challenges — Dr. Janet Taylor
- Health Equity and Caring for Your Substance Use Disorder or COVID-19 Patient — Dr. Eddy Regnier
- COVID-19 Healthcare Providers Share Their Story and Experience —
SMH Healthcare Providers
- Recovering Pregnant and Postpartum Patients Share Their Story
- Evolving Drug Climate: What’s Out There? — Detective Timothy Speth
- Mother and Child Wellness —
Jessica Hays and Nathan L. Scott III
For more information call: 941.373.7070