Connecting families to community programs
What is Connect?
CONNECT helps pregnant women, caregivers and families with young children by providing a one-stop entry point for needed services, such as education and support in childbirth, newborn care, parenting, child development, food and nutrition, mental health and financial self-sufficiency.
One call to Connect from self-referring individuals, referring agencies and healthcare providers can connect pregnant women and families to local programs that help ensure a healthy start in life and a hopeful future.
- Support during and after pregnancy
- Childbirth education
- Parenting and parent-child interactions
- Breastfeeding education and support (including In Home Lactation Consultants)
- Kangaroo Care
- Assistance with postpartum depression and anxiety
- Stress reduction and good coping strategies
- Coping with a crying baby
- Inter-conception Care
- Child development screening and referrals
- Infant and Child CPR
- Smoking cessation
- Family planning education
- Information on childproofing and preventing childhood injuries
- Developmental screenings