Congratulations on your pregnancy or new baby!
Healthy Start is here to provide professional, confidential services to help you and your baby, at no cost to you.
At your first prenatal visit, you will be given a Healthy Start screening form. Even if you are not referred to Healthy Start by your doctor, midwife, or birthing center, you and your baby may still be eligible for free classes and services.
If you live in Sarasota County and are pregnant or have a baby under 3 years old, you may be eligible for Healthy Start.
Some of the services available are:
- Childbirth Education
- Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Parenting Education
- Infant & Child CPR
- Support for Quitting Smoking
- Counseling / Therapy
- Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga
- Developmental Screenings
- Referrals to Community Resources
- And more!
- Healthy Start Program: (941) 861-2905
- Healthy Start Coalition: (941) 373-7070