Congratulations on your pregnancy or new baby!
Healthy Start is here to provide professional, confidential services to help you and your baby, at no cost to you.
At your first prenatal visit, you will be given a Healthy Start screening form. Even if you are not referred to Healthy Start by your doctor, midwife, or birthing center, you and your baby may still be eligible for free classes and services.
If you live in Sarasota County and are pregnant or have a baby under 3 years old, you may be eligible for Healthy Start.
Some of the services available are:
- Childbirth Education
- Breastfeeding Education and Support
- Parenting Education
- Infant & Child CPR
- Support for Quitting Smoking
- Counseling / Therapy
- Prenatal and Postpartum Yoga
- Developmental Screenings
- Referrals to Community Resources
- And more!
Call us today to learn more!
- Healthy Start Program: (941) 861-2905
- Healthy Start Coalition: (941) 373-7070
Posted in Blog, Pregnant Women & Parents
Also tagged Birth, Breastfeeding, Childbirth, Education, Healthy, healthy start, Help, Mom, Pregnant, Prenatal, Quit Smoking, sarasota, Start, Support, Yoga
We are excited to announce our new partnership with local Walgreen’s stores! Starting July 1st, Walgreen’s customers shopping for Pregnancy Tests will also be offered free informative hand-outs about prenatal and preconception health topics, with information from the CDC’s “Show Your Love” Pre- and Interconception Health Campaign.
Topics on the hand-out include:
- Making a plan – whether to prevent a future pregnancy or get as healthy as possible for your “baby-to-be”
- Eating Healthy Foods
- Being Active and Exercising
- Taking Folic Acid Daily
- Reducing Stress
- Protecting yourself from STI’s (Sexually Transmitted Infections) and other Infections
- Avoiding Harmful Substances
- Talking to your doctor about health conditions and other healthy behaviors
The hand-outs are currently available at two Walgreen’s stores: the intersections of Lockwood Ridge and University Parkway, and Lockwood Ridge and 17th Street in Sarasota. We hope to eventualy offer them in all Sarasota County stores.
We are grateful to Walgreen’s for this fantastic opportunity. This is a great way to reach pregnant women and women of childbearing age at a crucial time to promote healthier pregnancies and pregnancy planning.
Welcome to the official blog of the Healthy Start Coalition of Sarasota County! Here you will find posts about our events, local initiatives, and information about important pregnancy and infant health topics.
If you have any questions, concerns, or suggestions for posts, please contact us below!