The future of Sarasota County rests in the ability of the next generation to become productive citizens and talented leaders. Babies who are born healthy have the greatest chance to reach these goals.
Please help us to assure a bright future for Sarasota County. More pregnant women and infants than ever need our help in these stressful times.
All donations are tax exempt to the extent allowable by law. Our financial information can be found online at http://www.guidestar.org
The Healthy Start Coalition funds a variety of programs, projects and services, with the goal of preventing low birth weight, prematurity, and fetal or infant death. Additional funding can augment and improve our ability to meet the increasing needs of pregnant women and infants and the service providers who care for our clients.
Areas of current need include:
- Transportation costs for our clients to go to and from prenatal appointments.
- Increase our ability to provide new moms with Breastfeeding Support and Education, and encourage more mothers in Sarasota County to successfully breastfeed.
- Provide helpful incentive gifts to clients for meeting goals for appointment attendance, smoking cessation, breastfeeding, etc.
- Costs for educational programs for health care providers and the community on prevention and care of pregnancy risk factors.
- Contributions to our Endowment Fund, to assure we have a strong future in the face of budget uncertainty.
The Healthy Start Program provides Pregnancy and Baby necessities to clients in need free of charge. The following items are always needed:
- Diapers (Cloth or Disposable) and Wipes
- Maternity/Baby Clothes
- New, Unexpired Car Seats
Donated items can be dropped off at our Program Office, Located on the Second Floor of the Sarasota County Health Department – 2200 Ringling Boulevard, Sarasota. Or, call (941) 861-2905 to schedule your donation.
How do I make a donation?
- Stop by our office to meet our incredible staff, and learn about the programs and activities that your donation would help to support. Call (941) 373-7070 ext. 301 to make an appointment.
- By Mail: Make your check payable to: The Healthy Start Coalition of Sarasota County, Inc. Please fill in the memo line any specific use of your donation, or say “Unrestricted.” Our address is 1750 17th Street, Building A, Sarasota, FL, 34234.
- Online: Click the link below to make a secure on-line donation through Paypal.