The Breastfeeding Advocates of Sarasota County is a dynamic group of passionate individuals, agencies, and organizations working to improve breastfeeding through education, direct services, and workplace support.
Some of our current projects include:
- Calendar of FREE Breastfeeding Support in Sarasota County
- Breastfeeding Friendly Sarasota Project
- 2017 Infant Feeding Survey of Sarasota County
- World Breastfeeding Week
If you are interested in joining the Breastfeeding Advocates of Sarasota County or would like more information, please contact Jamee Thumm at (941) 373-7070, ext. 307 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2017 Meeting Dates:
All meetings – unless noted are the FIRST Wednesday of every other month from 3:00-4:30 pm. We meet in Room 227, Sarasota County Health Department (unless otherwise noted.)
Agendas, minutes, and handouts will be available as they are released.
- January 6 Agenda Minutes
- March 2 Agenda Minutes
- May 4 Agenda Minutes
- July 6 Agenda Minutes
- September 7 Agenda Minutes
- November 2 Agenda Minutes 2017 Trainings, Conferences, & iLactation online conference
Breastfeeding Resource Hand-Outs:
- “Thank you for Breastfeeding” Cards
- Breastfeeding in Sarasota Brochure
- Brochure: Take Along Tips for Breastfeeding Success
- Survey: Workplace Breastfeeding Support in Sarasota County
- Breastfeeding Resources in Sarasota County
- Survey: 2011 Breastfeeding Survey for Sarasota County
“Like” our Facebook Page!
Click the link to the right to “like” our Facebook page, and stay up-to-date about local events, activities, and information for breastfeeding moms.
Sarasota Move to Action: Closing the Gap on Breastfeeding Disparities Workshop:
- A Global Perspective on Breastfeeding – Dr Washington Hill, FACOG
- Organizing and Strategizing for Action: Breastfeeding in the African American Community – Kimarie Bugg, MSN, FNP-BC, MPH, IBCLC
- Breastfeeding in Sarasota – Mary O’Connor and Ciera Coleman
- Disparities in Breastfeeding Practices: Supporting Latino Families Ivonne F. Hernandez PhD, RN, IBCLC