If you’ve participated in our door decorating contests in the past, then you know how much fun it is to take part in Healthy Start’s annual World Breastfeeding Week Door Decorating Contest!
Decorate an office door that is visible to the public with a message that promotes or supports breastfeeding. This year’s theme is: “Just 10 Steps! The Baby Friendly Way,” focusing on creating positive working environments and health care facilities for breastfeeding mothers.
Objectives of World Breastfeeding Week 2010:
- To inform people everywhere that protection, promotion, and support of breastfeeding is a mother’s right, a child’s right, and a human right.
- To enable women and all who care about human rights to fight for health care systems which support breastfeeding.
- To revitalize activities within health systems, and among communities, to support women to achieve their breastfeeding intentions.
- To ensure that all health works who care for mothers and babies are adequately trained to counsel and support them in optimal infant feeding.
- To have FUN and creatively spread the word about the benefits and importance of breastfeeding!
To learn more about “Just 10 Steps! The Baby Friendly Way” and World Breastfeeding Week, please visit www.worldbreastfeedingweek.org.
Click here for the official 2010 WBW Door Decorating Contest entry form! Submit your entry by phone by calling (941) 373-7070, or fax it to (941) 373-7073. All entry forms are due by July 30th, 2010.
Judging will take place on Friday, August 6th, and winners will be announced the following Monday, August 9th.
Contest winners will be published in the Healthy Start E-newsletter, as well as posted to the Healthy Start Coalition website.
If you have any questions, please contact Tiffany Prater, (941) 373-7070 ext. 307.
Happy decorating! We can’t wait to see the wonderful and creative door designs you come up with this year!
Clock below to check out pictures from last year’s door decorating contest!
Theme: Breastfeeding: A Vital Emergency Response. Are you Ready?